At HSBC, our knowledge goes beyond just understanding individual ASEAN markets, but understanding how to navigate the dynamics and connections between them. HSBC’s strong foundation of connected knowledge with an innovative solution provides a seamless banking experience for our customers. Our offering aims to help international companies capture the growth across ASEAN.
Our ASEAN offering
1 HSBC Group Factbook, 2021
Open new opportunities across ASEAN
Find out more on how we can support your business growth in ASEAN.
Our ASEAN heritage & experience
As the world’s number one trade bank1, and with over 130 years of presence in ASEAN, HSBC is well established to support your business growth and enable you to tap into new opportunities. Our teams on the ground and unrivalled global network are able to provide an in-depth understanding of market dynamics paired with our bespoke solutions to ease your market access into ASEAN and beyond.
* HKTDC Research ASEAN: Market Profile, 2021, ISEAS; 1 https://www.hsbc.com/news-and-media/hsbc-news/hsbc-tops-trade-finance-poll
HSBC in Australia
- Australia's USD93b two-way trade with ASEAN has grown by over USD25b in the past decade, and now exceeds our trade with the United States and Japan. ASEAN accounts for 11.5% of Australia's exports and 16.1% of imports.
- Australia's regional FTA with ASEAN and New Zealand, AANZFTA, and bilateral FTAs with Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand provide greater certainty for Australian service suppliers and investors, and extensive tariff reductions for goods exporters.
- Around 100,000 students from ASEAN countries are studying in Australia.
Key facts and figures
Date of establishment: 1965
Presence: 45 Branches
- Founded in year 2000, Netpoleon Solutions is an industry leader for distributing a holistic bundle of network and security solutions to leading organizations. Today, they have extended their proven network and security expertise across ASEAN.
- Headquartered in Singapore, Netpoleon Solutions serves a wide range of industries and customers across Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. Find out more from Mr Francis Goh, CEO of Netpoleon Group, about their expansion journey in ASEAN and how HSBC has supported their growth.
More on ASEAN
Interested in expanding your business to ASEAN?
In Australia, this communication is distributed by HSBC Bank Australia Limited (ABN 48 006 434 162) AFSL 232595 and/or its affiliates (“HSBC”) for the general information of its "wholesale" customers (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001). The details and information contained in this email do not constitute an offer or solicitation for, or advice that you should enter into, the purchase or sale of any security, commodity or other investment product or investment agreement, or any other contract, agreement or structure. Neither HSBC nor any of its affiliates are advising you in respect hereof; accordingly prior to making an investment decision, you should conduct relevant due diligence and analysis, and seek necessary independent professional advice. Please note that any information (including market data, prices, values or levels) and any terms or conditions contained herein are indicative, are provided for reference purposes only and may vary in accordance with changes in market conditions. We are not obliged to enter into any actual trade with you based on any information contained herein. No liability is accepted whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use or dissemination of this information, either by you or any third party.
© Copyright HSBC Bank Australia Limited 2021 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
References for figures displayed in HSBC advertisements in Bloomberg sites:
ASEAN’s digital economy is set to double to over USD350 billion by 20251
ASEAN is thriving as the world’s fastest growing trade bloc2
A greener ASEAN offers a trillion-dollar opportunity by 2030 3
2 HKTDC Research ASEAN: Market Profile, 2021, ISEAS
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions and how we can help you drive your business forwards.